Saturday, February 28, 2009

Apologies and soaked livers

Hello all. Sorry about not posting for so long but this week has been crazy and the computers here seem to be very fickle and sensitive about opening Blogger on their browsers. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't *shrug* But much has happened since my last post so here is my latest update:

I moved into the International House, which is the residence at Yonsei University for international exchange students, on Monday the 23rd and myyyy fuuuuuuucking god, it has been a whirlwind since then. It's been a week and I think my liver took the worst beating of its life, not to mention the rest of my body. I think I've gotten a total of 14 hours of sleep this entire past week and my brain is in a state of perpetual obscurity! However, in the slew of all this debauchery and confusion, it has been a wonderfully fun week :) I met a lot of cool people and life in Korea is pretty fucking awesome. The part of the city that Yonsei University is located is called Shinchon and it's an awesome place to explore and just party! There are a lot of neighbouring places like Hongdae and Eedae and then random places that you can go by subway (which is a super complicated web of endless lines) and you never run out of things to do.
I've met some cool people and some uncool people but it's been good times nonetheless. My swearing in Korean seems to have improved an exponential amount in the past week since once everyone gets drunk, the only thing they like to do is swear in Korean to native Koreans (which creates a bit of tension HAHA).
The I-House is pretty convenient but my window faces this huge construction site that is right in front of the residence. It's beautiful to wake up to a gray metal wall and the view of a red crane lugging concrete around. The noise is even more beautiful.....NOT! The only reason why I haven't hit a bitch yet is because I have the most awesome earplugs. My roommate hasn't been so lucky. She's a Japanese girl who speaks only Japanese and limited Korean so our communication is a bit lacking but she's a complete sweetheart. It makes me feel even worse when I walk into the room every day at 5 am, smelling like soju (Korean alcohol that is similar to vodka) and like I just spent all day working at a cigarette factory. I have a feeling that she's already pinned me as an alchy (sp?) HAHA :)

Ive taken a lot of pictures so far but I just haven't had the patience to sit down and upload them all but since today is Sunday and I've deemed it my lazy day, I shall attempt to do so on Facebook. I hope everyone is having an awesome time at their respective places in the world and you shall hear from me again soon!

Much love,
SoCho

No comments:

Post a Comment