Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weird wanderings and other sorts of balderdash


Travelling around in Seoul has definitely contributed to the most titillating compilation of bizarre stories and eclectic experiences! I've been in Korea for about 2 months now (whoa already!) and thinking that I only 2 full months left makes me sad because the time seriously flies by. I've met some awesome people and done some pretty awesome things along the way. I've tried all sorts of crazy food (delicious, but sometimes odd) and have met some even crazier people. I haven't really been focusing on school though :P it's definitely very difficult to do with so much to do around you all the time. I've also started working as an English tutor at a cram school in Ilsan, which is a suburb of Seoul. It's a bit time consuming but I get paid pretty decently so it's all good. Money seems to fly out of my wallet here. Everything is super cheap but there's just so much to do that it all seems to equal out monetarily in the end.

I'm desperately trying to organize a trip down to the southern part of the peninsula sometime soon, particularly Pusan or the Cholla province (if you're really curious as to where that is, look on a map -- it's mad far from Seoul) and Jeju Island, naturally. Apparently it only takes 2 hours to drive around the entirety of the island of Jeju! The weather in Korea has gone from zero to sixty in terms of cold to warm. It's freaking HOT now -- I don't know how I'm going to survive the summer months here! It's not only hot but disgustingly humid. It's pleasant now because it hasn't gotten sickeningly hot yet but I have a feeling the time is not too far off :P

I wish I could post my pictures but unfortunately, my computer is being a douchebag and deciding to not let my memory adapter work. However, do not despair. I will find a way soon! In the meantime, above is a picture taken by my new (Canadian!) friend, Michelle of me at Yonsei's wicked cool Amplitheater, which they use for these inter-school cheering competitions, called Akaraka and for general concerts and other ish :)

I hope everyone is doing well (I don't even think anyone reads this anymore since I suck at frequent updating) and hope that everyone's final exams kick ass! My midterms are only just starting -_-;;; I miss you all so much!

Much love,
SoCho

1 comment:

  1. sophia! ill have you know that i check your blog all the time. and love reading them aloud to riain. we make a ritual of it! glad to hear youre having fun. i hope you figure out someway to come through LA or San Diego on your way back across the big blue. its really NOT humid here!!! but still so warm.

    ReplyDelete